Exclusive.. Ambode Debacle: Adeboye Intervenes In Crisis, Tinubu Explains Why His Hands Are Tied
The revered cleric and the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye has intervened on behalf of the embattled Lagos State Governor Akinwunmi Ambode who is facing a re-election crisis.
A reliable source told COMPLETE NEWS Thursday night that the respected cleric called the former governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to reconsider his estranged godson for second term but Tinubu with courtesy and uttermost respect explained why his hands are tied on the matter to the influential pastor.
Tinubu was quoted to have told Adeboye that he wanted to obliterate the impression that he was a dictator and emperor who hand-picked and decided candidates for the people, therefore he decided to allow everyone to go to the field and prove their popularity.
“ Sir, people have been accusing me of imposition. They say I imposed candidates at will. That is why I said all aspirants including the governor to get to the field and test their popularity among the people in an open contest of direct primaries.
Sir, my hands are tied on this matter, I cannot ask those who have picked expression of interest and nomination forms to withdraw or not to contest. That will be greatly unfair. We will ensure a level-playing ground for all governorship aspirants including the incumbent governor, Tinubu told Adeboye on the phone, COMPLETE NEWS gathered.
Meanwhile, Mr Tayo Ayinde, the Director General of Babajide Olusola Sanwoolu Campaign Organization (BOSCO) has dismissed reports which trended on social media on Wednesday suggesting that the Sanwo-olu had be asked to step-down. He described the reports as false and unfounded.
He said, “Olusola Sanwoolu Campaign Organisation is on course. His formal declaration will happen shortly followed by his rally. The Campaign Organisation remains focused on its objectives and will not be distracted by unfounded rumours and insinuations. We thank all APC members in Lagos for your overwhelming support”.
In preparation for the rally and formal decalraton, the frontine governorship aspirant, Sanwoolu has inaugurated Directors and Coordinators for his campaign in the Lagos three senatorial districts.
Director General- Hon. Tayo Ayinde.
- Mobilisation – Alhaji Abdullah Enilolobo
- Special Duties- Hon. Adeniran Onilude
- Fund raising – Tobi Lawal.
- Legal – Hon. SOB Agunbiade.
- Research and Intelligence- Hon. Wasiu Eshilokun.
- NGO, Civil Society & Students- Hon. Kola Egunjobi.
- Media & Publicity- Hon. Sesan Dani
- Security – Hon Bolaji Ariyo.
- Planning & Strategy- Hon. Jimi Benson
- Women Affairs – Hon Bolanle Akinyemi – Obe.
- Ethnic Affairs- Hon. Wale Adelana.
- Welfare – Hon Ayoola Fatai.
- Finance – Hon. Kolade Alabi
- Party Affairs- Hon. Abiodun Mafe
- Medical and Safety – Dr Sulaimon Aleshinloye.
- Volunteers’ group- Hon. Kamal Olohrunoje.
- Youth- Hon. Fuad Atanda – Lawal
- Religion- Rev. Samuel Olufemi Ogedengbe.
- Coordinator Lagos West- Hon. Rasak Ajala
- Coordinator Lagos Central- Hon Wahab Alawiye King.
- Coordinator Lagos East- Mayor Dele Oshinowo